Zilliqa – a scalability-focused DeFi blockchain – is seeing its cryptocurrency skyrocket leading up to the Metapolis launch this month. ZIL is up nearly 5X over the last two weeks, rising from $0.041 to $0.2 as of Friday.
- Zillqa leverages a layer 2 scaling solution known as “sharding”, which partitions a blockchain network into “shards” to spread out transaction workload. This method is currently being tested by Ethereum.
- Meanwhile, Metapolis is a metaverse-as-a-service offering that offers clients a blank slate on which to develop their own metaverses. Metapolis will be powered by the Zillqa blockchain.
“Zilliqa built Meta city and called it Metapolis,” tweeted Zillqa on Wednesday. This is the big secret which will be revealed this April 2nd at the event in Miami.”
- Meta – formerly Facebook – also teased being involved with the project in January. The company has transitioned towards adopting and promoting the “metaverse” concept – a future world where our virtual lives consume us more than our real ones.
- The Metapolis launch event will go live on Saturday in Miami. This is just days before the largest ever Bitcoin conference begins in the same city.
- Sandra Tlibe – Head of Metaverse and NFT at Zillqa – suggested that JPMorgan may have already established a plot of land in Metapolis.
“Metapolis will allow conceptually-rich and custom-designed domes as part of cities that can house brands, artists, concepts, games, e-stores, real estate or other digital experiences,” reads a blog post from Zillqa on the project.