The metaverse is a simulated virtual world in which users can share their experiences and interact in real time. The metaverse has exploded in popularity across all industries in just a decade. It began in the movie business, but it is now flourishing. There are no signs that the hype surrounding the metaverse, and particularly metaverse games, will diminish.
According to the report, the metaverse market could be worth $5 trillion by 2030. In addition, it predicted that by 2030, the metaverse would host more than half of all live events. The live gaming industry is also booming due to the metaverse. The video game industry as a whole has already begun to undergo a paradigm shift.
Top 5 Popular Metaverse Games in 2022
One of the most well-known play-to-earn metaverse games at the moment is Sandbox. With the help of its SAND tokens, it includes a virtual world where users can create, own, and profit from a variety of gaming-related monetization opportunities.
Sandbox has succeeded in drawing players away from some of the current games, including Roblox and Minecraft. However, it can give creators actual ownership through non-fungible tokens. It also raises people who are a part of the game’s ecosystem, which could be why it has a massive 7% market share.
Pros of Sandbox
- Its decentralized protocol makes it simple to buy, sell and trade various assets.
- Provides a variety of products to assist customers.
- Token owners can participate in governance.
Cons of Sandbox
- There is a sizable economic limitation on the SAND token.
- Due to its limitations, it has a specific target market.
- It has not yet been fully developed.
One of the top play-to-earn real estate NFT games is called Decentraland. It was the first game to let players use cryptocurrency to purchase metaverse land and control what they wanted to do with their plots. However, as demand has skyrocketed, buying land has grown more and more challenging.
Decentraland frequently comes up in metaverse discussions because it enables users to manage their plots and play games using VR headsets. One of the main goals of the metaverse is to enable players to interact with one another. Mana is its money or token.
Pros of Decentraland
- MANA, its token, has a variety of applications.
- It is continuously improved.
- Auctioning NFTs or selling land can earn MANA
Cons of Decentraland
- Lacks interesting material
- Creating a potential for cyberattacks
Also Read: Future Rulers Of The Metaverse: Top 5 Augmented Reality Companies
The most well-known metaverse game available right now might be Axie Infinity. Axie Infinity was launched in 2018. In the increasingly crowded NFT gaming market, it is somewhat of a staple.
Considering that each Axie of the digital collectibles is a creature with distinctive features. However, it is worth noting that the core of this game heavily borrows from Pokemon. In the game, players can engage in combat with other Axis to win and obtain rewards. The Axie Infinity token, also known as AXS or Axie Infinity Shard, is another cryptocurrency.
Pros of Axie Infinity
- Its ecosystem and economy are strong.
- The value of the virtual currency used in the game is based on current market rates.
- It is continuously expanding.
Cons of Axie Infinity
- The overvaluation of NFTs is a risk.
- NFTs might be overinflated.
Cryptovoxels are comparable to Axie Infinity in terms of duration of existence. It was released in 2018 and became more well-known as cryptocurrency gaming expanded. In this virtual world, players can use digital tokens to purchase lands and other resources.
The ability to input images and photos is one of Cryptovoxels’ most remarkable features. Players can plan and host art exhibits that other users can view and purchase. As a result, it provides many opportunities for earning money while playing.
Pros of Cryptovoxels
- It is easy to use because it is straightforward.
- It has multiple revenue streams that let users experience quality art exhibitions
- It has enjoyable editor tools.
Cons Pros of Cryptovoxels
- It has some bugs.
The best play-to-earn game for you to play if you want to get used to the metaverse is Sorare. In this game, you can use real money to assemble your team. As a result, it differs greatly from fantasy football.
With Sorare, one can buy a pack of cards that are typically based on real players using real money in the form of digital tokens. It supports more than 200 authorized clubs around the world, giving you numerous options.
Pros of Sorare
- Endorsers include popular football players like Gerard Pique
- Since Ethereum powers it, it operates on a global scale.
- Ensures the NFTs’ true utility
Cons of Sorare
- Only crypto can be bought.
- Credit or debit cards cannot be used to buy the cards.
Also Read: Top 10 Web 3 Games To Explore In 2023; Here List