Azuki, an anime-inspired NFT avatar collection, surged over 140% in the past 24 hours to top Friday’s sales volume chart, surpassing Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) and Mutant Ape Yacht Club, according to CryptoSlam data.
See related article: Azuki, CryptoPunks battle it out for week’s top NFT title
- With its latest spike, Azuki’s sales volume has grown about 360% in the past week, recording the third-highest sales across the NFT market.
- Meebits, an NFT collection owned by BAYC creator Yuga Labs, had its sales volume pump by over 1,400%.
- Both Azuki and Meebits are some of the most popular NFT collections that have had inflated sales volumes in recent months due to wash trading.
- Wash trading is a form of market manipulation where investors repeatedly purchase assets from themselves at self-directed prices to mislead value.
- Azuki has stayed competitive against industry leaders like Bored Apes and CryptoPunks, both of which have been receiving sales boosts since Yuga Labs announced its gaming and metaverse venture, Otherside.
- Azuki is the eighth-highest selling NFT collection of all time on the Ethereum blockchain.
See related article: Why Asia is poised to be the next big market for an NFT boom